- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked orzo (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine Marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Toss asparagus with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Grill steak, covered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook) Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Immediately sprinkle cheese over asparagus. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with asparagus and orzo, if desired.